Wednesday, April 09, 2008

What's Going (On) Around Here...

Well, I found out on Sunday that I had strep throat again (along with a sinus infection). So maybe my run time could have been a little faster on Saturday? Oh well - maybe next year. Like last time, this infection really wiped me out and had me down for the count.

Then on Monday I took Emmie to the Dr. because she had a tiny fever on Saturday night (really low-grade and gone all on Sunday) just to make sure she was fine. Sure enough, she had strep. Then Brian informed me that his work had to send him out of town for 2 days on an emergency trip.

O.K. I tried to make the best of it ... but I was still pretty out of it. Tuesday, I felt a little better and then Calvin had a little fever like Emmie's for just a few hours in the afternoon but then it was gone. Today I decided to take him in just to make sure ...

sure enough ... positive for strep. (The throat culture for him is a different blog post!) When they told me he was positive, I told them I would probably be back by Friday because I had caught the baby with his sippy cup yesterday while he was resting. They decided to check her while we were there today ... and she was positive too.

I asked them to go ahead and check Coleman while we were there ... and ... you guessed it - he has it too! So now we all have 'strap' (that's what Emmie calls it) except for Dad, who finally made it back home tonight. So since I got to take everyone for the throat swabs, I'll let him give the next few doses of medicine!

The good news is that all of the kids feel pretty good and we will no longer be contagious in 24 hours!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Oh my! That's crazy! Glad you made it though.

Anonymous said...

It might have been safer for Brian to stay gone for awhile. :) Miss ya, Lea Ann