Friday, July 21, 2006

Summer Salsa Recipe

Now, I’m not Betty Crocker by any means. I didn’t even know how to cook when we got married. But in the last few years I have been working to increase my knowledge and performance in this area. Since we’ve been married, my husband has put on about 30 pounds so I guess I’m learning a little bit! Anyway, here is a great salsa recipe that I got a couple of years ago – try it out. Very refreshing in this heat!

2 cans of diced tomatoes (or fresh ones if you have those and the time)
½ green pepper, chopped
½ red (or yellow) pepper, chopped
*3 green onions, chopped
*2 garlic cloves, minced (or whatever you call it that you do to garlic cloves)
*3-4 jalapeno slices (I just keep a jar in the frig), cut up
*½ tsp cumin
*1-2 pinches cilantro, chopped (when I 1st got the recipe, I had not idea what cilantro was - it took me about 20 minutes to find it in the veggies at the store! Sad, I know.)
*1 tbsp brown sugar
(everything with the * - just make it more or less depending on the taste you like)

Blend it ever so slightly in the blender and enjoy with some tostito chips!

No comments: