Monday, January 22, 2007

Sanctity of Life


(This picture is of a 24-week baby, about the age of our little girl right now!)

Check out these other amazing pictures which show a sweet little baby as early as 7 weeks!


Yesterday was "Sanctity of Human Life" Sunday at our church. My husband taught a special lesson on protecting human life and I decided to share some excerpts from it with you.


Here is a special story of hope and grace: Beverly Smith McMillan opened the first abortion clinic in Jackson Mississippi. After a life-changing conversion to Christ she resigned. She confessed, "The good news that makes the Gospel so relevant today is that God forgives. I know from personal experience that the blood of Jesus can cover the sin of abortion." (Fowler, Abortion, p. 198) There are an increasing number of post-abortion support groups that help women discover and enjoy this forgiveness and healing. (John Piper, January 5th, 1989)


On January 6, 1989, John Piper was arraigned in court for trespassing. Here are his words describing that day: "Suppose that I lived next door to a very mean-spirited man who was so hostile that he put up "Do not trespass" signs all over the fence around his house mainly to keep me out. One day I hear children screaming from his back yard. I run to the fence and notice a little child choking on something. Instinctively I jump the fence, knowing it says no trespassing and try to save the child. I'm too late. After a few days this mean-spirited man seeks a warrant for my arrest. I go into court and the judge, for reasons beyond his control, finds me guilty of trespassing and fines $50. Would I be disrespectful of the law, I asked Judge James Campbell, if I refused to pay?

He answered by saying, "In that case you should appeal the decision, because of a special legal reality called the law of necessity. But there are distinguishing facts between that case and this one."


So I asked if he would be willing to tell me what facts. He paused (as if to groan in his own spirit) and said, "The Supreme Court has ruled in Roe vs. Wade that abortion is not a crime."


A few facts:
1. Since the Roe vs. Wade decision 31 years ago, over 45 million unborn children have been aborted.
2. 1 out of every 3 babies that is conceived and viable in this country is aborted.
3. Not just the babies, but the over 20 million women enduring abortion in our country. Almost half of the women who contemplate suicide have had an abortion. When the organization called Women Exploited by Abortion started it grew from 2 members to 10,000 in under 10 months.


Remember that "They grow so fast. They do not grow to become more human. They are growing in the humanity that they already possess… Just because you are tiny doesn’t mean you aren’t human. Just because you can’t breath on your own doesn’t mean you’re not human. Just because you can’t talk or have complex rational abilities doesn’t mean you’re not human. Just because you live in your mother’s tummy doesn’t mean you are not human. Just because you are dependent upon another doesn’t mean you are not human."


Read Kim's special testimony!


"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works;my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you,when I was being made in secret,intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance;in your book were written, every one of them,the days that were formed for me,when as yet there was none of them." Psalm 139:13-16

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an excellent post!!