Tuesday, August 05, 2008

My Goal

Brian preached a sermon a few weeks ago on Psalm 100 and I just found my notes while I was cleaning. I was looking over them and was reminded of the richness found in just the first verse: Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth!

All the earth, including little ole me, is commanded to praise the LORD. I am commanded to make a noise, and not just any noise, but a joyful one. That's where it gets me. I can make noise, in fact, I can make a lot of noise (just ask those around me) - but can I make a joyful noise? Those who find their delight in the LORD are those that can make a joyful noise.

There are times when I don't delight and that is when I am reminded to get in the Word, to get on my knees and to pray for that delight. We praise what we enjoy - my desire is to enjoy the LORD and to make a joyful noise to Him through that enjoyment.

How can we do that? Well, Brian pointed to 4 affirmations for us to stand on when obeying this command:
Know that the LORD is God
Know that He made us
Know that the LORD is good
Know that the LORD is faithful

So - let's make some joyful noise!

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Well, you just got me singing. You know that song that gets in your head and doesn't go away..."Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth, Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Make a LOUD noise, singing praises, make a joyful noise unto the Lord." Psalty the Songbook taught me that about 20 something years ago. Thanks for reminding me, I need to praise God today and every day!!

Kim said...

This is such a great post! To enjoy the things that please God and to desire to things is the greatest joy.