Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My Calling...

This morning I was reading the latest ejournal publication from 9marks. The topic for this journal is marriage.

A pastor's wife was sharing what she has learned in her role of being a pastor's wife. "My call to be my husband's helper means I'm called to help protect his reputation by cultivating my own character. What an unexpected blessing it has been to be held accountable in such a sobering way. This high calling is sobering, yes, but it is also a kindness from the Lord to my sinful heart, because I need the extra accountability! When I meet with other women, I need to be able to say in good conscience how I spend my time and how I'm redeeming the time. It's not only for my reputation, but most importantly for my husband's and the Lord's!" (Laurie is the wife of Paul Alexander, pastor of Fox Valley Bible Church in St. Charles, Illinois.)

Wow! This truth applies to all wives, whether our husbands are in ministry or not. How do I spend my time? Am I cultivating my character in the situations I face each day? Much to think about from this quote!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Great quote - something to think more about!

Wendy said...

BTW, you are doing great on your miles! :)

Christina said...

Thanks for sharing. Yes, a lot to think about!

Kim said...

That is a great quote! I need to print that one! Thanks for sharing...and I love love love your new blog look!!!!