Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Where Have I Been?

I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted. Well, here's what we've been doing... the 2 weeks before Thanksgiving, we had a stomach bug that SLOWLY passed its way through all of us. It took several days for someone to get it - so by the time we thought it was gone, someone else would go down for the count. Even little Ellerie got it! Poor baby - she was so pitiful and then she couldn't eat normally for a week. We even pushed back our trip to GA to make sure we were all healthy. No one had been sick for 4 days so we loaded up and headed down to GA. I snuggled in for a nap and after I finally fell asleep, I woke to the van being jerked to the side of the road - and you guessed it ... Brian was sick!

We called my Mom to tell her we were going to turn around because we didn't want my younger brother and his family to get it. She called back a few minutes later to see if we had turned around yet (and we hadn't since Brian was still hanging out in the Cracker Barrel parking lot). She said my brother and family were going to leave that evening so we could still come if we wanted! So sweet - they wanted us sickness and all.

So we finally made it to GA after turning an 11-hour trip into a 13 1/2-hour trip. Emmie got sick the next day and then my poor Dad got sick on Thursday! Finally - the end of the never-ending virus!

So, that's where we've been and what we've been doing ... exciting I know. I hope to post some pics later ... don't worry, not of the virus but of the rest of the trip!

3 comments:

Christina said...

I'm sorry you've been sick. No fun!!! I'm glad you were able to still go and visit family.

Anonymous said...

Ohmygoodness, you poor things!! Glad you're better. And blogging a little :)

Kelly said...

What a nightmare! Hope you guys are on the mend!