Friday, December 11, 2009

Catching Up



Well, so I didn't finish all the days of Thanksgiving but I did give it a try! It was nice to focus on the many, many things that I have to be thankful for!

The pictures above are of sweet baby Carter! He just look so precious in that little hospital gown - I couldn't resist taking a picture. Plus the nurses gave him that cute little bear - and he loved chewing on it.

Carter was wearing that gown yesterday because he had to have his circumcision. My ob was out-of-town during my early delivery (nerve of him going on a mission trip and missing my delivery) and the on-call ob didn't think she could do the circ because he was little. My pediatrician thought he was perfectly fine for the procedure but encouraged us to do it later with a urologist. She was right. You don't want someone cutting on something like that if they're unsure about it!

So we had to wait until he was bigger since they put him under for the procedure. He was such a trooper and did great. He was a little agitated and disoriented while waking up from the anesthesia but it didn't take long for him to return to being his happy self! So far, he is healing great but the wound care makes me a little queasy! Good thing Dad has been around to help with that!

The funniest part of yesterday was when the surgeon was talking with us beforehand. He actually used the word 'talleywacker'! Should I have said that on my blog? Anyway, that was funny!!

Thankful it's over and the he's doing great!

1 comment:

Seviann said...

That is hilarious to hear the surgeon's comment. That is what my mother-in-law calls "it" too.

I'm glad Carter is doing so well. He is so cute and looks so much like Ellerie--adorable.
We love and miss you guys,
Sophia