Thursday, January 24, 2008

We Take Potty Training Seriously...

Or at least we try... (yeah right) that's the seat ring from his potty! Who needs the seat ring? I guess Calvin doesn't.

Yep - we're at it again. How easy it is for me to forget the potty training thing. Our oldest, Coleman, wasn't the easiest experience. (That poor child, we always learn what 'not to do' with him). Emmie, our 2nd child, pretty much taught herself while she watched us with working with Coleman. (Thank goodness, we were due something easy at that point).

Here we are now with Calvin. The first few days were endless hours of wet undies, wet pants, wet carpet, etc. We got to the point where the timer would go off, and Calvin and I would look at each other and think, 'do we have to do this again?'

But yesterday we finally made some progress. He made it in the potty a bunch of times and only had a couple of accidents (which were mostly my fault because I was trying to finish a task when the timer would go off and would push it back a couple of minutes). Hopefully there will be more of the same today...

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Feel free to pass along all you have learned from training the boys! I think I am just going to let B run around in our backyard au naturel this summer! At least it saves my floors!

April said...

Congratulations!

Hey we are potty training over here too. After two weeks she is finally going all by herself. Today she didn't even tell me she had to go she just went in there and did her business(#2)!

We use a timer too, lots of praise and a special song after every success.

Happy Potty training to you!

Claire said...

I will be praying for you and Calvin. We are potty training Emily this week too.

Kelly said...

Potty training is such a parental patience builder:)

Kim said...

It sounds like everything is going pretty well...we need to get going with JH, but he has not been ready...we are getting closer,though. How does the time thing work? I'd love to hear your potty training advice for boys!

Karen said...

Love the potty pic! I'm thankful that I have another two or so years until I have to do the potty training thing again...it's all worth it in the end. :) and congrats on ten years....tom and I just got there, too....ten years feels like a lifetime ago!