Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Running Update

Last week was a great week for running. The temperature was nice in the mornings, just a t-shirt and some jogging pants.



This week has been a little chilly for these South Georgia bones! The temp has been in the 20's in the mornings, but I have persevered ... knowing I have to keep going so I can keep up with Brian in the 10K. But man oh man it is cold out there! Next week it is supposed to dip into the teens in the mornings and I won't be able to do that. So, I will have to do the elliptical or run in the evenings when it is a tad warmer.



So far, things are going good. Everything is getting easier although I am still pretty slow, but at least it's consistently slow. I can do 3 miles pretty easily now and hope to try for 4 before the week is over. But I did have one minor accident last week. There is one portion of the road that doesn't have much of a shoulder and for some reason my left foot stepped off the road and went down into the leaves about a foot. So of course, I fall on my right knee and bang it up pretty good. But my injured pride got me up really fast, especially since a big tow truck was driving by at the same time. I'm sure he had a good laugh on his way to work that morning! Oh well - you know what they say, 'no pain, no gain'.

7 comments:

Kim said...

I'm sorry about your knee! You are doing a great job! When are running in a 10K? My girls and I are running in a 5K in March!

Claire said...

I am so impressed! I hope that your knee is ok.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you fell. Be careful out there!

You're a better woman than I. If it's too cold, I don't run. So, the numbers in my sidebar have not changed much this past week.

Kelly said...

Stay encouraged! I admire your dedication--it will certainly pay off. I hope your knee is okay!

April said...

Jenn you have more get-up-and-go than I do. I really appreciate you blogging about the running. Maybe one day I will get off my bum and do it too. Keep it up your doing great!

Kim said...

Yeah Jenn! I can't wait to cheer you on in April :)

robin said...

Jenn -
It was great to sit down and read your blog and get caught up with you guys! We would love to see you soon!
robin