Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Bold for the Lord

My oldest son, Coleman, has grown so much the last couple of years, physically and emotionally. He has slowly become more and more comfortable in new situations and around new people. I remember his toddler days when he was scared of new people - like the
Wal-Mart sticker guy! In fact, Coleman would growl at him when we walked in the store and I would fly by and say, "no stickers today, thank you though!" I am glad those days are gone and it is so neat to see the sweet young boy he has become. An example of this growth happend just today ...
This week Coleman and Emmie are attending VBS at Granny's church. Today I got an email from a friend with this picture attached. She said, "Hey guys, Coleman volunteered to pray today at VBS. He hopped up on stage in front of several hundred kids and leaders and led us in prayer. I know the picture is blurry, but the moment was brief, and I did not want to miss it. Jenn, you would have been proud of him, he didn't seem nervous at all."
I am sooo proud of him and continue to pray that he will always be bold for the Lord! Thank you Jesus for this glimpse of Your grace in Coleman's life!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is awesome, Jenn. Kudos to Hubby, too, since I'm sure Coleman has watched his daddy do that hundreds of times.

Christine said...

It's so awesome to see them grow and mature! Your kids are so close in age to mine; you must be as crazy as I am. :)

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog! Blessings to your family!

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

And proud you should be!!! What an amazing example...of the Godly example you are providing.

Great job Mom!!

Christina said...

What a great friend to capture the moment on film for you!