Sunday, February 08, 2009

My Prayer for this Week...

I ordered Brian some John Piper books (yes there are a few we don't have) for his birthday back in January. One of them was his new book on marriage called "This Momentary Marriage." I was so excited this week when they finally came!

Yes, he wanted the marriage book but I was excited about reading it too. He began reading the biography on John Calvin while I stared on the marriage one. It is such a great read. I hope to write even more thoughts on it soon but for now I leave you with this:

"...in marriage you live hour by hour in glad dependence on God's forgiveness and justification and promised future grace, and you bend it out toward your spouse hour by hour - as an extension of God's forgiveness and justification and promised help."

No comments: